Friday, June 02, 2006

GUATEMALA

GUATEMALA ~ I just got back from Guatemala last night! I left at midnight on May 23rd, just 4 days after I graduated. I was a member of a team of 11 people that lead a missions trip in the Rio Dulce region of Guatemala. We were in a tiny village outside of Rio Dulce.We were so blessed by the love & genuity of these kids. They loved us even though most of us, especially me, were unable to speak the language! That didn't seem to matter to them - they were just happy we were there!

Here I am with two of the girls that hardly ever left my side. Ivanea on the left, and Pilomena on the right. Pilomena would not let go of my hand by the end of the trip. She especially touched my heart. She has the cutest giggle & laughs all the time!



Here is the team of girls that lead and planned all the lessons for VBS. Shannon, Megan, Tara & Jennifer. On the easle to the right is a song we sang with the kids everyday.

" I may never march in the infantry, ride in the calvary, shoot the artilary, fly over the ememy, but I'm in the Lord's army."








Here we're teaching the kids the Bible verse that was the theme of our VBS:


"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."


The kids read the verse everyday & by the end they had it memorized & recited it for their parents.

1 comment:

Kevin & Amy said...

Wow! Thanks for sharing the pics! Sounds like you guys had a great time and that you were a big blessing to the children! I'm glad to hear your trip went well. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...