Monday, August 07, 2006

Fun times in Denver


Wynkoops Brewery: as an avid food network fan, I enjoy most of Rachel Ray's shows. Especially "$40 a day." One of the ways we love exploring new places is through it's cuisine. So we decided to combine the two in exploring our new city. We looked up Rachel's $40/day episode for Denver and came across Wynkoops Brewery. They serve up several different beers on tap that are brewed in house. We even got a tour of the brewery. Afterwards we got to sample the beers for $1/sample and enjoyed THE best hot wings we've ever had - and we've had a lot of hot wings!

We then headed over to the Vesta Dipping Grill - another must in Denver. The menu is based around 30 different dipping sauces, with different meats, etc. to dip. I had lamb w/ a pistacio mint sauce, chipotle sauce, and a red curry - Yum-O! I'm still raving about the pistacio mint sauce, it was such a unique combination of flavors.

Did I say we like to explore a city through it's cuisine? Because after dinner we headed to Gelazzi and gelaterai that has great gelato & sorbetti. I can't remember what we had, because we've been more than once now, but I do know it was good :)

Who says the way to a mans heart is through food? I say it's the way to my heart too :)

1 comment:

Kevin & Amy said...

What a great idea! I love Rachael Ray's $40 a Day show too, and the Food Network in general. :) We'll have to do that for Indy and see what we can find. Thanks for the idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...