Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The countdown

We're finally in the home stretch! I'm 36 weeks along and we're both very ready for baby k to arrive. He's still breeched after several alternative therapies and all sorts of crazy positions I've contorted my body into to coax him into moving. I guess he's just as stubborn as his mama! We're going to the hospital tomorrow to try external inversion, where the doctor tries to move him by palpatting my belly. If that doesn't work we'll schedule a c-section for 39 weeks. As long as he's healthy, we'll be just fine even if things are a little off-course from where we thought they'd be. In the meantime we're just checking and double checking that things are ready for him to get here, although we're both certain things are more than ready -- it helps with the waiting!

2 comments:

Becca Michael said...

Woohoo - you're almost done! I hope things go great these last few weeks - we'll be thinking about all of you!

Michelle & Ken said...

I'm glad you posted a blog. I was wondering how things were going. It's a bummer that he hasn't changed position like desired. Hopefully the doctor tomorrow will be able to change things. We look forward to seeing you guys on Sunday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...