Sunday, January 18, 2009

Book Review


"A Voice in the Wind" by Francine Rivers is one of the best books I've read in a long time! It's Historical Christian Fiction. Rivers used to be a secular author, and much of her writing shows the romance and passion that is often missing from Christian writing. The book takes place sometime shortly after the resurection of Jesus, during the fall of Jerusalem and just before the fall of Rome. Hadassah is a Christian jew who becomes enslaved to a Roman family. Her story and the story of her masters intertwine beautifully and painfully. I loved learning more about the history of that era and challenging my faith through the characters and their own faith challenges.


1 comment:

Ken and Michelle said...

Makes me want to read it. I think I'll see if it is at the library. I need a break from baby books. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...