Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Design on a Budget....

This morning I spoke at a mom's group at a local Catholic church. I spoke about design on a budget. I really believe that home design specifically, isn't about keeping up with the latest trends or impressing your neighbors, it's about creating a refuge for our families. Our homes are meant to be a refuge and shelter for our families -- a safe place. A place where our family looks forward to being and when they do leave, they leave refreshed and renewed.

Usually when this topic is brought up it's discussed in light of emotional safety, spiritual retreat a place to get away from the stress of the world. It's not very often we talk about creating a comfortable and aesthetically pleasing environment for our families to take refuge in -- (that might be materialistic!) Not the case! Design definitely impacts our ability to perceive home as an emotional and spiritual retreat. However, I don't believe this means you now have license to go out and spend an exorbitant amount of money to make your home a refuge. There are plenty of budget friendly ideas for updating your home and creating a welcoming and peaceful environment for your family and all who enter your home! Take a look...



This is also on my design business Bloom Interiors website; www.bloomintd.com

3 comments:

Joyful Momma said...

I love this!! You are so talented. I wish you lived closer so that you could show me how to really maximize my space. I love creating a home environment and making my family and others feel welcome. Thanks so much for sharing your talent.

Ashley DeMille said...

Megan, I am so excited for you guys! i am sorry I am such a bad friend. I forget to check blogs very often. I bet Grady will love his new sibling. I hope you get a girl! I bet you will love having them close together. My kids sure have so much fun together! it's fun to see them play with one another. Good luck with everything!

Ken and Michelle said...

I was thinking about you this morning and wondering how your talk went but it was too early to call. Your slide presentation looks great.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...