Thursday, October 14, 2010

Forgiveness

This week, a theme of forgiveness seems to be circulating in things I read and events I've attended.  For example this post, my MOPS meeting this week and another woman's ministry event this week.  It's a good reminder that forgiveness isn't about releasing the person(s) that may have wronged us from the consequences of their actions, but it's actually a process that takes time and releases us from the weight of holding a grudge, fear, judgment or whatever else harboring the unforgiven holds over us.  Whether it's remembering the mean girl days of high school with bitterness, betrayal of a friend or family member or those endless mental arguments with "that" person in your head (I should have said this or that...) what good is it doing you?  It's time to let go of the past and live in the present.  I'm thankful for the reminder.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...