Friday, May 20, 2011

Training


Only 3 more weeks until I compete in the Broomfield Mini-HaHa Triathlon!  It's a 6 Olympic lap swim, 12 mile bike ride and 2 mile run. 

Wow, it's coming up fast.  I have been working out like crazy, running, biking, swimming & weight training.  It's given me great motivation to work off some of my Lucy weight.  I'm part of a team with my Chiropractor's office.  We meet every Saturday morning and bike the course and run 2 miles.  I'd have to say I expected biking to be the easiest part of the picture and it's definitely not...there's a hill in the course and well, 12 miles is 12 miles!  I definitely think the biggest challenge is the transition between courses.  My legs feel like lead when I hop off the bike to run, but each time gets easier.

We joined the local Rec Center and have been loving it!  Grady asks to go to the "T-Rex Center" everyday! They have a great swimming pool complete with water slides & kid area, so Grady is always asking to go swim. Childcare is free with a membership so I've been taking full advantage of that to get my workouts in and get a little mommy alone-time!

2 comments:

Rebecca M said...

Good for you! I've already promised my sisters that I'll do a 7K with them on St. Patrick's Day weekend...4 months after baby. Hopefully I can do it!

Tiffany said...

Hey Meghan, it's Tiffany from MOPS! Wanted to wish you the best of luck on your tri in a couple of weeks and to let you know that hanging your book shelf is on my to-do list this weekend. Can't wait to see it up, thanks again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...