Monday, August 29, 2011

DIY Mama

I've been busy this summer working on several DIY projects around the house!  I'm proud to announce that after 5 years of a mantle-less fireplace we now have our very own mantle!  While Bryan was out of town for business I made a trip to Home Depot purchased the materials and found a tutorial (not in that order).  This last week I put the beauty together and painted.  We hung it this past weekend and it looks quite at home.
 No more wondering where to hang those stocking this Christmas!!



No...Lucy wasn't the second DIY project.  It was our kitchen table...I refinished it two years ago and it was pretty...then, but after being beat-up constantly by my little boy, it needed a makeover.  I opted to paint the table black this time (stuck-on-food on white doesn't wear well).  And I painted the chairs aqua...I love red and aqua together and since our kitchen is red it goes qite well and adds a nice pop of color.  I will update with a better picture of the set all together, as the photos below are of the black dining room chairs with the kitchen table while the aqua chairs were being refinished.  




1 comment:

Michelle said...

Your mantle looks awesome Meg. Great job! I am always amazed at what you do with DIY projects.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...